Whispercam Training
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which template do I work to?

Go down

Which template do I work to? Empty Which template do I work to?

Post by petestrat Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:27 am

I'm just about to start my ops manual but I'm slightly confused which template I should be working to... Whispercam's guidance document says I should be working to the Whispercam template, but it looks to me like this template is based around the CAA template from 2011, not the current 'UAS OSC Vol 1' template.
Surely to submit my PFAW I need to be submitting to the current template required by the CAA (Vol 1)?

petestrat

Back to top Go down

Which template do I work to? Empty Re: Which template do I work to?

Post by petestrat Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:17 pm

At the moment I'm adapting the Whispercam notes to fit into the 'UAS OSC - Volume 1' template - is this correct?

petestrat

Back to top Go down

Which template do I work to? Empty Which Ops Manual Template?

Post by Whispercam Training Team Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:37 am

Hi,

If you use the Whispercam Template you will also meet the requirements of UAS OSC Volume 1. There is a lot of commonality between the two in fact they are almost identical! In preparation for Operational Safety Case submissions the CAA have taken the aircraft and risk assessment sections out of the original ops manual format and created stand alone volumes for them. This is because a more detailed and higher standard will be required for these two items when applying for an OSC beyond the Standard Permission.

For the purposes of applying for a Standard Permission the Whispercam Template should be followed. If you subsequently decide to apply for an OSC it will be relatively straightforward to extract the relevant sections into the 3 required volumes.

Hope that helps.

Whispercam Training

Whispercam Training Team

Back to top Go down

Which template do I work to? Empty Re: Which template do I work to?

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down